- We believe the Bible alone is God’s infallible and authoritative Word to man. It is the only standard by which faith and practice are to be measured.
- We believe in the inspiration and inerrancy of the 66 books making up the entire Holy Scriptures.
- We believe God is a triune God – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the majesty and sovereignty of God.
- We believe that God spoke and purposefully created the universe out of nothing.
- We believe that God created men in His image. Through their relationship to Adam, all men are sinners by nature and do themselves practice sin. They are thus alienated from God, their neighbor and the world.
- We believe that at the fall this image was broken, resulting in man’s total depravity.
- We believe in God’s gracious plan of redemption, as described in The Old and New Testament.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only Savior of sinners, the only way to the Father. He died as a substitute for sinners and was raised from the dead so that they might be reconciled to God.
- We believe that eternal life is a free gift that is received through faith in Jesus alone. Eternal life is neither deserved by anyone, nor can it be earned by good deeds.
- We believe that God applies the salvation earned by Jesus Christ to man through the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that persons not under the covenant of God’s saving grace are condemned to a literal place of eternal punishment and separation from God.
- We believe that the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- We believe in the doctrinal issues there must be unity in the essentials and live in the non-essentials.
CenterPoint Church belongs to the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). The PCA is a relatively young denomination, formed in 1973. The PCA has made a firm commitment to doctrinal standards set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Catechisms which date back to 1645.
The PCA is one of the faster growing denominations in the United States, with over 1,450 churches and missions throughout USA and Canada. There were over 306,000 communicant and non-communicant members as of December 2000.
The influence of the PCA extends far beyond the walls of the local church. Mission to the World has 519 career missionaries in almost 60 nations of the world, 169 two-year missionaries, and over 6,500 short-term missionaires.
For more information on the PCA please go to our website at www.pcanet.org. There you can learn more about our history, beliefs, vision and mission.